While unsightly veins are most commonly concentrated on the legs, this is not the only area of the body where they can appear: Facial veins are also a common problem that many of our clients seek treatment to fix.
Located in El Segundo CA, Beach Cities Vein & Laser Center is proud to provide our clients with a comprehensive range of sophisticated aesthetic and medical treatments. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.
What Causes Facial Veins?
While there is no definitive answer to exactly what causes facial veins, scientific study suspects that their formation is triggered by different things than varicose and spider veins in other areas of the body.
The following activities can increase your likelihood of developing facial veins:
- Extended sun exposure.
- Use of steroids.
- Excessive intake of alcohol.
- Prior surgery.
- Undergoing radiation therapy.
Skin conditions, such as rosacea, can also increase your likelihood of developing facial veins.
How Can I Treat Facial Veins?
There are a host of different treatment routes that individuals interested in removing their facial veins can take. At Beach Cities Vein & Laser, we offer a variety of techniques to treat facial veins of all kinds. These include:
- External Laser. This method treats veins from the skin’s surface, so that no needles or catheters are required. Laser energy can be delivered to the veins with incredible precision, so the surrounding, delicate skin of the face remains unaffected.
- VeinGogh. VeinGogh is an excellent treatment option for individuals who have been resistant to other vein removal methods. It is particularly good at treating red veins on the face.
- Sclerotherapy. This procedure involves injecting a sclerosing agent into the vein. This agent causes the vein to collapse. Ultrasound is usually incorporated into these procedures, so only the affected vein is targeted.
- IPL Photofacial. Intense Pulsed Light therapy (IPL) uses the power of light energy to treat particularly tiny spider veins. This treatment has the added bonus of rejuvenating facial skin while reducing the appearance of small spider veins.
- Microphlebectomy. This procedure is reserved for only the most extreme cases of facial and varicose veins. During a microphlebectomy, veins are removed through small incisions. Local anesthesia is usually administered to ensure patient comfort.
Interested in learning more about the treatments we offer or taking the next step and schedule a consultation appointment? Contact Beach Cities Vein & Laser today — We’re happy to address and of your questions and concerns.