While unsightly veins are most commonly concentrated on the legs, this is not the only area of the body where they can appear: Facial veins are also a common problem that many of our clients seek treatment to fix.
Located in El Segundo CA, Beach Cities Vein & Laser Center is proud to provide our clients with a comprehensive range of sophisticated aesthetic and medical treatments. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.
What Causes Facial Veins?
While there is no definitive answer to exactly what causes facial veins, scientific study suspects that their formation is triggered by different things than varicose and spider veins in other areas of the body.
The following activities can increase your likelihood of developing facial veins:
- Extended sun exposure.
- Use of steroids.
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Prior surgery.
- Undergoing radiation therapy.
- Skin conditions, such as rosacea, can also increase your likelihood of developing facial veins.
How Can I Treat Facial Veins?
There are a host of different treatment routes that you might consider to remove your facial veins. The choice of treatment depends on a variety of factors, including the size and location of your veins, your skin type, prior treatments you have had, history of recent sun exposure, and underlying medical conditions you may have. At Beach Cities Vein & Laser, we offer a variety of techniques to treat facial veins of all kinds, with treatment geared to suit your particular needs . These include:
- External Laser. This method treats veins from the skin’s surface, so that no needles or catheters are required. Utilizing a small handpiece, tiny bursts of laser energy are delivered to the veins on the skin surface, causing them to shrink and go away.
- VeinGogh. VeinGogh is an excellent treatment option for the tiniest of veins on the nose and cheeks. It is also utilized on veins that have been resistant to other vein removal methods and on patients who are not good candidates for external laser.
- Sclerotherapy. This procedure involves injecting a medication (sclerosing agent) into the vein. This agent causes the vein to collapse. Sclerotherapy is often a good treatment option for veins on the temples and sometimes on the cheeks and sides of the face, particularly in situations where external laser and/or VeinGogh may not be or haven’t been successful.
- IPL Photofacial. Intense Pulsed Light therapy (IPL) uses the power of light energy to eliminate a variety of pigmented lesions on the face. It is particularly useful in the treatment of rosacea, which has multiple tiny veins on the skin surface. This treatment is typically utilized for rejuvenation of skin on the face, neck and chest, but carries the added bonus of reduction of the appearance of tiny facial veins.
- Microphlebectomy. This procedure is reserved for only the most extreme cases of facial veins. After local anesthesia is administered to ensure patient comfort, the veins are removed through tiny incisions on the face.
If you are interested in learning more about the treatments we offer or taking the next step and scheduling a consultation appointment, Contact Beach Cities Vein & Laser today at (310) 986-6500. We’re happy to answer your questions, address your concerns, and help you to feel and look your best!
Before & After Gallery – Click to View